Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Love For Money OVER Love For The Game

Growing up in my time (the 90s) in the type of environment I grew up in (south side of Chicago), most young boys heading into their teens were more times than not presented with 2 options, join a gang or play ball. Some would say I'm exaggerating, but trust me, there's much truth in what I say. Anyway, most found basketball as a way out and eventually, like myself, fell in love with it. It was all I wanted to do and I had to win. I, like millions, adored and respected the game. That respect, admiration, and will to win is the driving force for a lot of people in the professional ranks. That's not my problem. My issue is with people like Hedo Turkoglu and Trevor Ariza. People like this have no loyalty, no respect. Their loyalties lie with their paychecks. For us real basketball fans it is a slap in the face. Most of us would kill for a chance to play pro ball, let alone have a shot at a championship. But, these guys are only concerned with how many MORE millions they are going to get. It is the reason for watered down competition and lack of rivalries that excited fans everywhere all the way until these last couple of years. It is a disappointment to me and loyal fans of the sport nationwide.

1 comment:

  1. That's real talk, and to make it worse, Hedo didnt even win a ring and he left, smh

    ReplyDelete